[PLUG] Minimizing a Linux distribution (RH)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jul 24 19:41:08 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Shannon C. Dealy wrote:

> You might want to look into User-Mode Linux, that will allow you to setup
> virtual Linux machines running on a Linux host for testing and other
> purposes.  The latest version of Debian includes it in the distribution,
> RedHat and others might also.

I use vservers already but I'm trying to do the main server so I need a
system I can really screw-up and just install/remove again.

> Of course if you are willing to pay money there is also VMWare.

I have an older copy and had forgotten about it.  Be interesting to
install RH, the vserver package, and create some vservers in it.  Let's
see:  Linux running VMware, running RH w/ vserver package, running
multiple vservers.  That would get the CPU cranking.  :-)

Rod