[PLUG] AOL substitute

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Wed Jul 24 20:45:05 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

[snip]
>   I've read a rather neat solution to this ... at least, it seems like a
> solution. The person writing described having a no cost, web-based e-mail
> account. When he traveled, he'd forward his mail to that account and he'd
> then be able to access it while gone. Upon return he'd turn off the
> forwarding.
[snip]

One potential problem with this is that alot of these no cost email
accounts have severe mailbox size limitations, so if you don't check
your email very often, get alot of email, or receive some large
spams/viruses (a number of these I have received lately run up to 300k),
everything sent to you will start bouncing.  Probably be a good idea to
use a store and forward approach rather than just forwarding, so anything
you miss will still be in your mailbox when you get home.