[PLUG] Qt-Console released (C++ compilers)

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at pdxlinux.org
Wed Jul 24 22:07:41 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 11:24, ptkwt at aracnet.com wrote:

> I've never used Kai's or Intel's C++ compilers.  I find g++ works fine for C++
> especially the 3.x versions of g++.  There was an article in Dr. Dobb's a couple
> of months back where they ran language compliance tests with various C++
> compilers - the only two I recall were gcc and Micro$oft's compiler, but there
> were others in the mix.  The results of their tests showed that g++ was near the
> top in the language compliance department (in fact, if I recall correctly, of
> the compilers tested g++ was the most compliant), while Micro$oft's compiler was
> the worst.

Isn't it interesting that at PCC, at least a few years ago, I was told
that I cannot take a C++ class there and do the homework with the G++
compiler...  The textbook intro stated that the book taught only
ISO/ANSI standard C++.  Now if Microsoft's compiler, today, is more
non-compliant than G++ 3.0, then for certain it was at least as
non-compliant then.