[PLUG] Need Exchange Server Replacement with joint scheduling

Geoff Burling geoff at agora.rdrop.com
Wed Jul 24 22:06:19 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, David Mandel wrote:

> I'm looking for a way of replacing a MS Exchange server.
>
> The people involved use Outlook with shared address books and joint
> scheduling.
>
> I think I can replace the shared address books with an LDAP server.
>
> How do I replace the joint scheduling?
>
> Would Bynari's InsightConnector do this?  Is there a better solution?
> Is there an completely OpenSource solution?

One alternative I've noticed no one has mentioned is OpenMail, formerly
sold by HP, but now offered by Samsung. (Who, IIRC, also manufactures
the orphaned Alpha processor.)

It's a proprietary product that has clients for many OS's. Beyond that
I know nothing about it -- good, bad or indifferent. But I'd be interested
in hearing anyone's experiences with it.

Geoff