[PLUG] MySQL connection monitoring

Russell Evans revans at e-z.net
Thu Jul 25 05:49:09 UTC 2002

I thought this was an interesting question so I added what I found out.

mysqladmin extended-status | grep nect
| Aborted_connects         | 0      |
| Connections              | 16     |
| Max_used_connections     | 1      |
| Threads_connected        | 2      |

Connections
Number of connection attempts to the MySQL server.

Aborted_connects
The server variable Aborted_connects is incremented when:
When a connection packet doesn't contain the right information.
When the user didn't have privileges to connect to a database.
When a user uses a wrong password.
When it takes more than connect_timeout seconds to get a connect package

Max_used_connections
The maximum number of connections in use simultaneously.

Thank you
Russell