[PLUG] Mouse horizontal scrolling - how to edit XF86 Config file

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Fri Jul 26 16:25:08 UTC 2002

Well since I saw this question earlier and no one has responded to
either, I'll take a shot.  I'm going to venture a guess and say that it
is, at the moment, not possible.  Sadly, X typically only supports up to
5 mouse buttons, which is just fine for your typical wheeled mice (1,2,3
4 and 5 are bound to the wheel), but those of us with other mice, say
the A4 Tech or my own Logitech MouseMan+ (with the thumb button) are
SOL.  You may be able to hack it using the XInput drivers rather than
the usual mouse driver, but I wouldn't know where to begin or even if
it's worth investigating.

--Shahms