[PLUG] [OT] How to use cybercafes?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Sat Jul 27 12:48:47 UTC 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 dh at mda.huntbros.net wrote:

> Wow! You sure made that easy! Thanks!
> I followed your instructions to www.chiark.greenend.org.uk, and found
> putty.exe. I downloaded that and a few others. They all fit on a single
> floppy. Can I just take a floppy (FAT32) with me in my pack, and stuff
> that in the M$ box?

I was doing it that way and still have a floppy or three with PuTTY but
then I purchased some of those credit card size CDROM's and burned onw
with all PuTTY's friends and a few other files.  A little less suseptable
to the X-ray machines and other cute security machines.  Looks extremely
coll and high tech when you flip it out instead of a floppy disk.  Down
side is there may not be a CDROM drive at some locations.

> It looks like putty is exactly what I need for the ssh connection.

I use it all the time from a couple of MS Windows machines taht I'm forced
to use.

Rod