[PLUG] Re: SquidGard Does not Block

Sean, Sharon and Kyle Harbour sharbours at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 18:54:22 UTC 2002

For troubleshooting, try this: (Don't forget to change permissions
back
to something reasonable)

Create a /var/log/squidGuard/log directory if it doesn't exist.
Create an /etc/squidGuard directory if it doesn't exist.
symlink /etc/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf to the real file, if needed.
In squid, call squidGuard with the -c /etc/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf
option.
Change your permissions on /var/log/squidGuard to 777 recursively
(Change this
back when you are done troubleshooting)
Change your permissions on /usr/whatever/squidGuard-1.2 to 777
recursively (Change
this back when you are done)
Try starting squid, and view the squidGuard log files, both in
/var/log/squidGuard
and /var/log/squidGuard/log
If this doesn't work, simplify your squidGuard.conf file as much as
possible until
it works, then add the rules back in.

Sean Harbour