[PLUG] PLUG Moderation Thoughts/Advice

Aaron Baer judah at opusnet.com
Mon Jul 29 20:53:32 UTC 2002

Now that this list is being moderated would it not be a good idea to let
relevant posts through to the list even if the are posted from a
non-subscribed email address. I would think denying only truly off topic
emails and spam would be desirable. That's pretty much the theory of
moderation correct. Especially a list that is for the passing of
information on to other individuals in the community.

You now automatically get a response saying that you sent the message
from a non-subscribed email. That's either going to remind you to double
check next time or make sure to subscribe with that address.. It should
not automatically mark the post for non-inclusion to the list unless
it's as described above. Also, if you are _replying_ directly to a
not just trying to post a first of thread message to the list.

I make this note because a post to the list was denied today even though
the post was relevant, a thorough answer and mistakenly sent from
another email address which is not what I am subscribed as.

A-

 And yes I reposted it from the subscribed email but that's not my
point.

--
----
Aaron Baer