[PLUG] Typiing in a replacement bullet character to open office

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 29 22:07:02 UTC 2002

On 29 Jul 2002, Zot O'Connor wrote:

> So I have found a bug in open office.

Zot,

  Gee, so have I. :-)

> So I would love to fix the bullet crashing ghostscript issues (which was
> determined by printing to file, then using gv to review it), but in the
> mean time I have a 200 page document to print.

  If you have the postscript file, have you tried loading it in emacs or joe
and doing a search-and-replace there? Or, within OO, can't it be replaced
with a different bullet character?

  I find that a lot of winWord characters do not translate into OO very
well. I don't know if this is a function of the default typeface I use
(Bitstream Amerigo) or independent of typeface.

  The related problem to this is that the OO issuezilla web site (silly
name, I know) is crippled. It won't let me attach a file to the issue
because it won'e accept my login. That's another issue they're working on.