[PLUG] servicing a domain from behind a firewall

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Wed Jul 31 00:12:33 UTC 2002

So, if I understand you correctly all I have to do is setup DNS on my
external ip as a secondary to the internal IP as the primary and then
register the external as the primary for that domain.
Ok. I understand that part but if I ssh to a domain1.com would it still
get all the way back to the client in anywhere land?  How would the
connection hold after getting the IP which would be the same for both
domains yet the files would only exisit on one machine.  That is where I
think it all falls apart.  As pointed out by another there is no standard
that says you have to hold and send the domain name with each request and
after having the IP all traffic can travel on the number.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I do think a second IP might be the only true
solution.
Josh