[PLUG] Reloadme

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Wed Jul 31 21:26:25 UTC 2002

David Mandel <dmandel at pdxLinux.org> writes:

> On 29 Jul 2002, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>
> > Ok, so who approved that post?  Be more careful in the future please.
> >

> Karl,
>
>     The truth is I'm wondering if I am the problem.  I'm not sure, but
> I may have let this thru without looking closely enough.  If so,
> I'm sorry about the mistake.
>
>                                           Dave Mandel

Well, no big deal, provided it did not infect anyone's silly unsecured
windows machines.

To all list admins: When you go to approve unsubscriber posts, please
check the contents very carefully.  This virus was in a MIME message,
it contained a base64 encoded file marked as MIME type "audio/x-wav"
(IIRC) with a file extension of ".bat".  I guess that is what makes a
misconfigured Outbreak Express run the thing.

Should we just reject or should we send them a nastygram also?

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.