[PLUG] A mail list management question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 4 14:41:32 UTC 2002

  I don't know if this annoyance is specific to majordomo or is common to
all MLM software. But, I'd sure like to know how to handle the problem.

  Majordomo tries to be very helpful by looking for words within the body of
the message that appear to be administrative requests sent to the list
rather than to the MLM. A nice feature, except ... when I try to send a
message to the list telling subscribers how they can have others subscribe
(or unsubscribe), any mention of the words "subscribe" or "unsubcribe"
(quoted or not) causes majordomo to send the message to me (as list owner)
rather than resending it to the list. A major PITA!

  Does anyone know how to use these two words within a message so that it
can be sent out as a regular e-mail?

TIA,