[PLUG] Linux Mail and Windows XP

Keith Nasman keith at ahapala.net
Wed Jun 5 17:59:44 UTC 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:

> Most likely, yes. This was the microsoft *fix* for email worms.
>
> Here's the CNet news article: http://news.com.com/2100-1001-255431.html
>
> At 09:56 AM 6/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Has anyone seen such things happen to them? Are there settings in XP's
> >Outlook that disable/turn off attachments?
>
> Unfortunately, the only cure is to uninstall Outlook, and reinstall,
> without the fix.
>
> Russ Johnson
> http://www.dimstar.net

Hmm. Well I attached a .doc file so unless they are checking inside the
file they are denying all Word documents. That's smart(NOT!). Do you think
there is some inconsistency in the way OpenOffice saves the file as a .doc
that is causing this? Of course, my recipient didn't say he got a warning
like mentioned in the article. I'm sending a native Word 2000 document
from both Outlook Express and Evolution to find out which (or both) get
there.

Stay tuned :-)
Keith