[PLUG] base64 decoding

Steve Beattie steve at wirex.net
Wed Jun 5 18:38:33 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:01:25AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Accoring to 'aporpos', there are no tools on my system to decode base64
> encoded docs. It is (was?) a winWord .doc that someone tried attaching to a
> message to a mailing list. But, it was too big and bounced to me.
>
>   Other than raising the size limit of messages, is there something I can
> use to rescue this message?

As another option, uudeview works well and can be found on freshmeat.

Also, openssl will decode base64 files as well:

	openssl enc -d -base64 < file.base64 > file.out

This is what I've doing for all the klez virii I've been getting. Alas,
nobody's sent me any interesting documents (no I *don't* need any more
web pages about irc eggdrops).

--
Steve Beattie                               Don't trust programmers?
<steve at wirex.net>                         Complete StackGuard distro at