[PLUG] Strange Problem with CD Burner

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Wed Jun 5 18:34:39 UTC 2002

>It appears to belong to the initscripts rpm, rather than grip. Grip
>doesn't look like it enables any services or does anything else nefarious
>just from installing the rpm. Do this to check for yourself:
>  rpm -ql grip

Thanks for the info.  I suspected grip because grip and lame are the only
things I have installed in a while.  I seem to have a few services turned on
that I don't know why they are on.  I am not running Oracle or any other
database at the moment, so I don't see why rawdevices would be on.  I turned
it off.  The CD player that was start automatically is gtcd which is part of
a package called gnome-media.  I figured out how to turn this feature off,
but it made no difference.