[PLUG] CVS question

Stafford A. Rau srau at rauhaus.org
Wed Jun 5 19:54:53 UTC 2002

We use rancid (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/) to track configuration
changes to all our Cisco gear.

It saves all configs to a CVS repository via a cron job and mails any
diffs to our network engineering group.

Today, I needed to find out when a particular change was made to a
config. I'm pretty much CVS ignorant, is there a way to easily find out
in which revision a particular change first appeared?

Since the device in question didn't have a huge number of revisions, I
just did a bunch of "cvs co -r 1.x device-config" and grep'd for the
line until I narrowed it down to the revision in which it first
appeared, but I'd bet someone in plug-land knows the right way to do it.

Thanks,
--Stafford