[PLUG] Cable modem problems.

Fedor G. Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Thu Jun 6 21:00:27 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Paul Heinlein wrote:
>    So all I did was 'chmod a-x /sbin/pump', since dhcpcd works just fine
>    with ATT's server setup.
Just uninstall pump RPM.

> 4. Finally, I dropped a little script into /etc/cron.hourly/:
dhcpcd can also run scripts wheit it acquires, renews, or releases the
interface. Also, ifup can run local scripts, on Redhat /sbin/ifup-local,
after it configures the interface. You can reinitialize your firwall from
there. As far as ip address, you can use dhcpcd's info file or parse output
of ifconfig (which has an advantage that it works for all devices, static,
dhcp, or pump).

--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857