[PLUG] ISP Help

pkbarnett pkbarnett at email.msn.com
Fri Jun 7 01:53:30 UTC 2002

I am trying to connect to a local ISP without much success.  You will note my current email is msn.com.  It has no help for Linux - no surprise there.

I subscribed to arczip because they offered ppp connectivity.  So far, no luck connecting.  I have been through what I think are all of the diagnostics for PAP and CHAP.  Again, no luck. The connection is actually made to the server but then disconnects.  Depending on the layer that I am testing I either get errors that point to CHAP or errors that point to the modem.  I have an email in to Viking in case I need to upgrade the modem drivers.

The OS is Redhat Linux 7.2, the modem is an external 56k Viking modem.

Any ideas?  Changing ISPs is certainly an option if there is a cleaner ppp provider.

Thanks,

Pete
pkbarnett at msn.com