[PLUG] logs not rotating

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jun 7 11:36:36 PDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Dean S. Messing wrote:

> Have a look again at /etc/crontab.  There you will see that cron fires up
> `run-parts' on each of cron.{daily,weekly,monthly,...} at the appropriate
> time.  It's run-parts that does the important work of running each of the
> scripts in the cron.{...} diretories.

  Thanks, Dean. Stepping back from the immediate problem allowed me to fit
all the pieces together.

  Is this all documented somewhere; e.g., in a system administration book or
something similar? I don't recall reading anything about the whole system of
logs and their rotation in all the books I've read.