[PLUG] 1,500,000 records for MySQL?

AthlonRob AthlonRobNF at cs.com
Fri Jun 7 21:41:55 UTC 2002

On Friday 07 June 2002 01:29 pm, Alex Daniloff wrote:

> > Loadup the ide, there is a new Wester Digital Driver with 2 or 4
>
> megs of
>
> > cache. I think.
>
> Don't go with WD they are crap.
> As a rule after three years WD fails unexpectably.
> We had five of such occasions and we've lost a lot of data.
> Use IBM or Maxtor HD's but not WD,
> especially for RAID applications.

You're suggesting IBM drives because they are reliable?  Go googling for info
on the IBM 75GXP...

I thought I read somewhere that IBM was getting out of the hard drive
business, too.  Aparently consumers weren't the only ones to realize IBM
drives are garbage.

I haven't heard such bad things about WD drives.  I would personally go with
Seagate.  They seem to be of higher quality and performance.

Rob