[PLUG] Printing images with GIMP

Kevin Hammack kevinh at ados.com
Sat Jun 8 10:27:38 PDT 2002

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

I haven't personally, but I know it can be done because one of my
coworkers is into digital photography and has incredible printouts using
"gimp-print":

gimp-print.sourceforge.net

He also got some special paper at pro photo that wasn't too expensive.
The advantage of doing this with gimp is you can match the color and
gamma of the screen with your printout, so that even if you enhance the
image it will look right when printed.  The results are not
distinguishable from photographs (not by the layperson at least).

You could easily paste your image onto a slightly larger canvas in gimp,
and use the outer white area to render whatever text and caption you
wanted.