[PLUG] in the mean time

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Jun 9 08:26:24 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Neil" == Neil Anuskiewicz <neil at pacifier.com> writes:

Neil> How many people actually use the news gateway? I bet almost
Neil> nobody. It is useful to have diverse list access methods if they
Neil> are used but most people just prefer either the regular list or
Neil> the digest.

Uh, Neil, how do you know what most people prefer?

I have used the news gateway.  It was handy when I was investigating
an intermittent failure in the chain of mail delivery by comparing
what was visible on the news server with what I had received in my
mailbox.

Also, it was suggested to someone (a longtime contributor) recently
who was leaving the immediate area and was going to be at the end of a
narrow phone wire and didn't want to subscribe to the mailing list
with its volume but wanted to check in from time to time.  A newsgroup
would allow him to select the messages to read.

I think the news gateway is valuable.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible