[PLUG] in the mean time

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Sun Jun 9 08:43:18 UTC 2002

On 9 Jun 2002, Russell Senior wrote:

> Neil> How many people actually use the news gateway? I bet almost
> Neil> nobody. It is useful to have diverse list access methods if they
> Neil> are used but most people just prefer either the regular list or
> Neil> the digest.
>
> Uh, Neil, how do you know what most people prefer?

I bet that maybe one or two people use it regularly and a few more people
have used it once or twice like you. I would be happy to be proven wrong
on that point, that in fact many people use the news gateway.

But is something that benefits a very small number of people only slightly
worth causing problems for several hundred other people? It deserves an
informal cost/benefit analysis.

Frankly, I am tired of talking about this. I have expressed my opinion
that the list config should be tightened up in a couple different ways,
this being one of the ways. This one I don't think is as important as
turning off 'who'.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz
neil at pacifier.com