[PLUG] in the mean time

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Jun 9 23:02:05 UTC 2002

On Sun, 2002-06-09 at 14:16, Russell Senior wrote:
> I dislike the current behaviour of munging the From: line in the
> archive:
>
>   a) it is pointless unless you also munge each email going through
>      the list because of private archives; and

That's just it. If it's a "private" archive, how can it be different?
Each email going through the list IS munged. If I do a reply to all, it
still only comes up with one address to send to, the list.

>   b) it interferes unacceptably with the ability to mail people
>      privately.

I don't see how. The senders address IS in the mail that you receive
from the list. It's just not available from the web page, which I
personally consider to be a good thing.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net