[PLUG] We need to block non-member posts

Sean Lewis seant at q7.com
Mon Jun 10 17:55:10 UTC 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Dan Haskell wrote:
> The volume of the PLUG list is bad enough without getting a bunch of spam
> too. And it's only going to get worse as the spamhouses sell our address
> to more and more "entrepreneurs".
> The Usenet gateway needs to be shut off until it can be done without
> opening us up to abuse from the whole world.

Agreed. But I'm not waiting for it. The next message out of my stack will
be to unsubscribe from this list. There are others out there. When I hear
that this mess has been cleaned up, I'll consider resubscribing. But for
now, the noise ratio is just too high. [OT] discussions be damned -- it
never bothered me to hit the "D" key on whatever I didn't want to read,
but getting SPAM through the list is just too much.

So long,
Sean