[PLUG] ps2pdf for physically large pages

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Mon Jun 10 22:36:21 UTC 2002

Colin;

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 15:14, Colin Kuskie wrote:
> I need to create some PDFs of 11x17 pages, but my initial attempts to
> make the PDFs show that all of them are cropped at 8x11.

[snip]

If you are creating the postscript files from Latex and ave the `dvi'
file then might I suggest dvipdf or dvipdfm.

I have used neither of them with 11x17 but the man page for dvipdfm (I
have found dvipdfm to produce higher-quality output and supports more
PDF features) indicate that you can use it with the -p switch to specify
paper size. It is available at CTAN's sight, www.ctan.org.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer the root of your question. If
you are creating PDF's from Latex files, though, this may be the answer.

-Cooper