[PLUG] What PLUG needs

Neil Anuskiewicz neil at pacifier.com
Tue Jun 11 00:34:34 UTC 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> We don't need some hierarchical power structure to tell us how to share
> our thoughts and experiences in the GNU/Linux/Unix community and
> workplace.

I am not suggesting that these officers would in any way obstruct or
control your ability to express your thoughts and experiences in the
GNU/Linux/Unix community.

> The speakers in the past six months have been EXCELLENT (Ward's talk was
> probably one of the high points of my year) and people organize events
> when they are passionate and can make it happen.  I can't imagine how the
> consolidation of power into the hands of the few would improve things.

> And really, as long as the list isn't discussing the list, the volume and
> signal/noise ratio stays totally reasonable.

Well, there have recently been discussions of politics and even a thread
on swearing and whether or not swearing is good or not. Some people even
posted one sentence top posts about this.

This is the last I am going to say about this in defense of the idea
(unless anyone wants clarification of the idea or if we want to move
forward mainly because I don't want to argue and take up a lot of list
space. If people like the idea let's do it; if not then forget it.

--
Neil Anuskiewicz