[PLUG] ps2pdf for physically large pages

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Tue Jun 11 16:42:33 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:32:05PM -0700, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> I've created PDFs of up to 36x36 inches.
>
> It would help if you explained your process for creating PDFs.

Gotcha.

Print Postscript file from multi-million dollar CAD software.

Examine postscript with ghostview and confirm that it's 11x17

Read ps2pdf manpage, ps2pdf13 manpage, ps2pdfwr manpage, none of
which have any really useful information about options to those
programs.

Look at ghostscript.com, ditto about the information.

ps2pdf file.{ps,pdf}

acroread file.pdf

PDF file is cropped to 8.5x11.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 03:32:05PM -0700, Shahms King wrote:

> it looks like you should be able to pass
> -sPAPERSIZE=11x17 to ps2pdf and have it work.

It does.  Although I have to admit that I'm confused why the switch
is needed.  The page size is in the postscript file.  Maybe I should
submit a bug/feature report.

Colin