[PLUG] - umount samba share as non-root

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Tue Jun 11 19:51:25 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I have set up things so that as a normal user I can mount samba shares.
But when I'm done with the share, and would like to mount something else
on that mount point, I find I can't umount the share as a normal user (I
get an error saying I need to be root), I had to su to root to get the
job done.  The odd thing is, that I can mount and umount the floppy as a
normal user, and the message "You can't do that, you need to be root"
doesn't get displayed.

Does anyone know how to do this, or what group I need to be included in?

Thanks,

Derek Loree