[PLUG] Need help with list admin

Aj Lavin aj at haightmail.org
Tue Jun 11 21:25:15 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 09:05:48AM -0700, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> I'm only at work one or two days a week now, and am very busy.  I do
> not have very much time to spend on the PLUG mailing lists.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for all the work you put into PLUG administration. We
appreciate it.

> Is anyone using the news gateway?  Will anyone mind much if it goes
> offline, at least until someday when a subscribers only posting can be
> configured for it?

Yes, people are using the news gateway to post to the PLUG list.

> If that is not really in use, I can close the list so you don't have to
> delete the small amount of "SPAM" that finds its way to the list.

Are you sure that closing the list will block list members from
posting through the news gateway? From my reading of the Mailman
gate_news and Message.py source, it looks like it should just work.

Maybe you could try closing the 'mmlist' test list and I will see
whether I can still post to it through the news gateway.

- Aj