[PLUG] Perl Mongers Meeting - Perl Object Environment

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Wed Jun 12 23:31:54 UTC 2002

Ugh, I should have sent sooner, but I just plum forgot.  Many of you use
Perl, but if you feel such announcements are inappropriate, please let me
know.

Tonight, Todd Caine will be giving a presentation on POE (Perl Object
Environment).  From an introduction on perl.com
(http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/01/poe.html)

    POE is a framework for building Perl programs that lends
    itself naturally to tasks which involve reacting to
    external data, such as network communications or user
    interfaces. Programs written in POE are completely non-
    linear; you set up a bunch of small subroutines and
    define how they all call each other, and POE will
    automatically switch between them while it's handling
    your program's input and output.

Place:          Onsite! Technology, Inc.
Address:        333 SE 3rd, Portland, OR
Date and Time:  2002-06-12 at 7:00 PM

There will be a social meeting at the Rose and Raindrop
(http://nwbrewpage.com/orpubs/RoseRain.html) at 6:00 PM. The address is 532
S.E. Grand and it's about 3 blocks from the Onsite! Technology offices.

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!

TIMTOWTDI