[PLUG] Other ALC courses

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Jun 13 06:33:12 UTC 2002

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, John H. wrote:

> I've never heard of ALC before and they don't seem to have much
> information on their website.
> How much credability do they have? (I notice the site has some broken
> links, too)
>
> Not to sound rude, but it seems these courses are rather bland and can
> be learned by reading a book.
> How much hands-on experience are they providing?

ALC is one of Ed Sawicki's projects.  Actually, it is his major thing.
Altho I've never taken any of Ed's classes, I've worked with Ed quite
a bit.  He is good and gives good classes.  I've talked with numerous
ALC students and most all of them give the classes high marks no
matter who taught the class they took.

Thus, ALC (or any other training program) may not be right for everyone,
but is right for many people.  ALC is a quality act.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group