[PLUG] Motherboard sound

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 13 08:17:00 UTC 2002

My experience has been that built-in sound tends to be done using whatever
sound chipset was the cheapest available the week the board was
designed.  As if that isn't bad enough, often they can't be disabled (or
even when they are, they aren't *fully* disabled.)

For linux, I would definately go brand-name modular and save yourself some
pain.  Unless you like pain.

Oh, wait.  You're a UNIX/PC hacker.  Of course you like pain.  ;-)

  -- Steve