[PLUG] Screenshots

Steve Bonds 1s7k8uhcd001 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jun 15 10:00:25 UTC 2002

I usually use the Gimp with the single-window capture on about a 3 second
delay.  Start the timer, highlight the window you want and magically it
appears in the Gimp when the timer expires.

I always save screenshots as PNG files or a similar non-lossily compressed
format.  JPEG blurs the nice sharp edges of your screenshot and makes it
look like crap and will actually have a larger image size than the PNG
file for images with large areas of the same color.  (JPEG is better for
images with lots of tonal transitions and areas of varying color--
i.e. photographs.)

  -- Steve