[PLUG] Not so portable timex

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jun 16 04:12:10 UTC 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Richard Seymour wrote:

> Yep. We run into this at FREE GEEK all the time, especially on low end
> pentiums. Look first for a silver colored "button" battery. If you find
> it (and it's not soldered on), you're in luck. If you can't find one,
> look for a rectangular boxy dark grey square that may of may no be
> marked "ODIN" or "DALLAS". Example at:

  According to the one web site I found, the battery is a green rectangle
with a waist and a pigtail with a plug on the end. I'll open up the one
manhole cover where I installed the additional RAM and see if that's where
the battery is hidden. I'll also ask the vendor when I call to order the
replacement.

Thanks,