[PLUG] ppp connection problem

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Tue Jun 18 01:18:07 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 03:48:33PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Is there a different approach? I'm always open to learning more.

Have you tried wvdial? I use it on all my boxes and it works great --
takes all the brainwork out of dial-up. It seems to be included with
Red Hat, so you probably have it on a CD somewhere. I can't see the
point in setting up PPP by hand unless you've got a special situation.
It looks like your is a special situation, but I'd try the lazy way,
anyhow. :-)

Paul