[PLUG] command line php execution

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Wed Jun 19 17:38:01 PDT 2002

Hi All,

I've got another problem that I need ideas for.  I would like to be able
to have a php script (or program -- I'm not sure what to call it) run as
a cron job.  From what I can tell, the interpreter has to be run through
the web server, which means that I need to be able to call a .php file
from a command line browser, then have it die when the php script has
finished doing the voodoo that it needs to do.  Calling the .php file is
not a big problem, lynx does it well enough from a shell script, but
convincing it to die at the appropriate time is more problematic.

I'm sure this is possible, this is linux after all. I think what I need
is to be able to grab the PID, stuff it in a variable, then kill that
process.  I can't figure out how to grab the PID though.

Are there other ways to get this job done?

TIA

Derek Loree