[PLUG] command line php execution

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Thu Jun 20 17:20:31 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 18:18, Michael Smith wrote:
> http://www.gimpster.com/php/phpshell/index.php

Thanks for the link, but this doesn't look like it is what we need.  It
looks like this is used to create a CLI using php and your web server,
giving you the ability to run commands from your browser.  A great idea
in its own right, but seems like a security risk on a public server.

It looks like I need to convince the powers that be to upgrade php to
version 4.3 or better.

> Derek Loree wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 17:43, Michael Smith wrote:
> > > Sure, install the cgi version of php, that makes an executable php that you
> > > can use in a script with #!/bin/php just like a regular shell script.
> >
> > This package conflicts with php4-sablot, which I really shouldn't get
> > rid of.  That would have done the job though.
> > >
> > > There also is a php shell... look around for it.
> >
> > I can't seem to find one, do you happen to know what it is called?

Thanks for the information.

Derek