[PLUG] Kiosk machines

Richard Steffens rsteff at attbi.com
Thu Jun 20 17:28:29 UTC 2002

"Mazhary-Clark, Ben" wrote:

> You may be able to write up a script and stick it into rc.local to have it
> startup on boot.  Have it start whatever you require; X, a window manager,
> your app and such.

Ok. That's getting closer. I ran locate on rc.local and got:

  /etc/rc.d/rc.local
  /etc/rc.local
  /usr/share/man/ja/man5/rc.local.5.gz

I looked at the rc.local files and can probably figure out what's going
on there if I spend some time with it (will do that later).

Does the /usr/share/man/ja/man5/rc.local.5.gz mean that there is a man
page? I tried man rc, man rc.local, and man ja but find that there is
"No manual entry for rc," or any of the others. There is a man entry for
local, but it only has a list of builtin commands, including local.
Running less on /usr/share/man/ja/man5/rc.local.5.gz results in:

soelim:<standard input>:1: can't open `man5/rc.boot.5': No such file or
directory
<standard input>:1: realpath on `man5/rc.boot.5' failed: No such file or
directo

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens