[PLUG] Kiosk machines

Mazhary-Clark, Ben Ben.Mazhary-Clark at nike.com
Thu Jun 20 17:47:16 UTC 2002

Richard,
Well my understanding with rc.local is it works similar to how autoexec.bat
did in the old DOS days.  Anything that is put on a line in that file will
get executed after all the other services have been started on the system.

I use the one under /etc/rc.d/rc.local to make additions to.  This is on a
RedHat 6.2 system with a 2.2.x kernel.  I don't know if other distros are
different, Debian doesn't seem to have that structure.
--ben
(Why aren't you all on #orlug? :)