[PLUG] Re: News Gateway

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at microsharp.com
Thu Jun 20 21:21:47 UTC 2002

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

> The general idea is to
> start with known installable and working sources, fix them in a
> diff-able and maintainable way, use "debian/rules binary" to create an
> installable package, and install that.  Then, use "aptitude hold
> mailman" to put it on hold, to prevent an auto-upgrade that would
> replace our modified version.

This is what I did with the "uw-imapd-ssl" that is installed on
"drizzle".  I did not, at the time, know how to get "/etc/c-client.cf"
to work ("I accept the responsibility"), so I patched the sources to
make the default user mailbox directory be "~/Mail" rather than "~",
which I found annoying, especially on a box that I also log into and
actually use my home directory there for things other than email mbox files.