[PLUG] Debian GNU/Linux "woody" apache/perl problems.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Jun 21 03:29:38 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
> After you edit "/etc/apt/sources.list", you must run "apt-get update"
> to cause Apt to download the "Packages.gz" and "Sources.gz" files from
> the archive server.  After it downloads them, it automaticly rebuilds
> it's binary cache from that ascii rfc822 format package meta data.
>
> You don't have to purge anything -- just fix up "sources.list" and run
> "apt-get update", THEN install packages.  If you are using "testing"
> or "unstable", you must run "apt-get update" quite often, since Debian
> is a very dynamic moving target.

I thought I made it clear that this had already been done multiple times.

Sorry if that wasn't properly expressed.

I find that if I use apt-get install <packagename>, I get the latest
versin of the package, but dselect lists "stable" versions of all the
packages that aren't installed.

It's very odd.

J.
--