[PLUG] RH 7.3 Install Issue

John Hampton John.Hampton at gijoes.com
Fri Jun 21 17:48:32 UTC 2002

Carla said:
>That's a good notion- thing is, I've burned and installed dozens of Linuxes
>from ISO- Red hat, Mandrake, Debian, Slackware- and only RH 7.3 has had this
>particular trouble.  My CDROM drives are all less than two years old. I have
>an old HP CDRW and a new Liteon 24x10x40 which I adore, hasn't made a coaster
>yet.

Don't really want to be redundant, but I too think that it is a burning problem.  I haven't installed RedHat, but I had this problem with Mandrake.  When I burned the CDs at 8x some of them worked fine and others didn't.  However, when I burned the images at 1x (only takes about 75 minutes :) all of my CDs seemed to work fine.  Now I only burn ISOs at 1 speed (unless I am in a hurry and don't care about coasters).  So take it for what it is worth, but I would try again burning them at 1x (unless, of course, you burned them at 1x in the first place).

John Hampton
Programmer Analyst
G.I. Joe's, Inc.
john.hampton at gijoes.com