[PLUG] Firewall Suggestions?

Brent Jones skullone at servuhome.net
Fri Jun 21 21:24:34 UTC 2002

What I just recently did, I bought the new OpenBSD 3.1 release originaly as a secondary DNS box.
But later on, I setup packet forwarding and packet filtering.
Its working just awesome, far better then any other firewall Ive used. The rules are a little different then IPTables, but pretty easy to pick up.
The main openbsd networking FAQ is here: http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#PF
And I also found this usefull: http://real.ath.cx/BSDinstall.html

Only drawback, theres no public CD images of OpenBSD 3.1, but you can find 3.0 on planetmirror.com

Brent Jones
brentj at servuhome.net