[PLUG] Firewall Suggestions?

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Fri Jun 21 22:49:21 UTC 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
[...]
> Having set up several router/firewall systems I'd suggest going with
> dedicated router/firewall hardware.
[...]
> Heck I just put an Asante router/firewall on my home network.  I went for
> the FriendlyNet FR3004C with a serial port that I'm using right now with a
> 56K modem until I sort out a broadband solution. 8-( About 600 feet to far
> for DSL.)

Which, actually, is the approach I've taken with my home LAN. I've got an
SMC Barricade (SMC7004AWBR). I've also written some TCP Wrappers on my web
server to regulate who gets in (e.g., sshd) for ports I've opened up.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org
Peck of Pickled Pisces               __  o               http://herring.org/