[PLUG] SSH authentication problem

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Jun 23 07:35:15 UTC 2002

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, CurtisE wrote:
> I just installed OpenSSH on a RH6.2 box.  I can connect to it with a
> SSH client, but can't login.  I get "Permission denied, please try
> again."

Can we see the output of a verbose session attempt?

Use your usual command line, but with the -v flag first.  Paste us the
output (with any sensitive information modified, of course).

And while I know diddly about Red Hat, I think I know that 6.2 is kind of
old and I wonder if the OpenSSH package you installed uses SSH v1 while
many servers are configured to respond only to v2 connections favorably.

This could also be a PAM configuration issue, so if you use PAM, you might
want to share that information as well.

Politely unhelpful,
J.
--