[PLUG] Adding hdd

Richard Seymour rseymour at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 23 15:32:16 UTC 2002

Good explanation Jeme. I'm going to quote it in FREE GEEK's computer
building docs. Thanks.

A couple of minor additions / corrections:

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

 > lilo.conf is the configuration file for Lilo, the boot loader.  This
 > utility is used to choose a boot record for loading an operating
 > system at boot time.  Even DOS has a boot loader, it's just a really

Just for clarification, lilo is not the only boot loader you can use
with linux. Another boot loader that is being used by several distros is
called grub. The main configuration file you'd look for in grub is
called menu.lst.

 > The standard /etc/fstab is a tab-delimited file of single-row records
 > that contain the following information in the following order:

/etc/fstab is actually whitespace delimited. Tabs or spaces work equally
well.

--
Are you hinting my apples aren't what they ought to be?