[PLUG] Win98 -- overwrite?

Tyler F. Creelan creelan at engr.orst.edu
Mon Jun 24 00:46:42 UTC 2002

Hi Pluggers -

I have a simple (but vital) question: Can I reinstall Windows 98 without
overwriting my other partitions using the win98 cd?

Specifically, I have a small vfat partition on my linux system, on which
Windows 98 is installed. I want to wipe the slate clean and
reinstall Windows 98, but I'm worried I'll overwrite my linux partitions
by doing so.

Anyway, if someone could give me the thumbs up for this I'd appreciate it.
I'm fairly certain the answer is 'yes' but I want to make sure...

Thanks,

Tyler

#
/dev/hda5       /               ext3    defaults,errors=remount-ro      0
1
/dev/hda7       none            swap    sw                      0       0
/dev/hda1       /win            vfat    defaults                0 0
proc            /proc           proc    defaults                        0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    defaults,user,noauto            0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto         0       0
/dev/hda6       /home   ext2    defaults                        0       2