[PLUG] directory diff/compare utility?

Brendan Miller brmiller at kudzuforest.com
Mon Jun 24 02:12:55 UTC 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 07:08:29PM -0700, Aj Lavin wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 06:48:55PM -0700, Brendan Miller wrote:
> > Anyone know of a [Linux] utility to graphically compare/diff
> > two directories side-by-side?
>
> xxdiff looks pretty good.
> mgdiff is another one.

Do either of these support directory navigation too?  I think xxdiff
requires a commandline, "xxdiff <dir1> <dir2>", incantation.  I have
dozens of directories to compare, and was hoping for some navigation.

Most of the two panel filemanagers have the UI I'm looking for, but they
lack the ability to compare the contents of each directory, showing which
files are missing in which directory, which are different, which are
same, etc.

Thanks,
Brendan